- 12mo: *12 **4 A–Z12 Aa12 Bb8 [$6 (–Aa5, –Bb6) signed, ** signed $3]/312 leaves = pp.  (1)–(531)  1–30
- 167812 – a1 *2 rti$p : a2 **2 &$que 167812 – b1 A u$s: b2 Z2 $I$ 167812 – c1 Z3 ent$re : c2 Aa4 $parla 167812 – d1 Aa6 ophet : d2 Bb5 honne
- 'Jacob' 'Smith', alias of Jan Rieuwertsz SR
- Trans., Ed.
- Gabriel Saint Glen, de
- Amsterdam (‘in ’t Martelaarsboek’, ‘Dirk van Assensteegh’)
Anonymous, French text ed. X by [Gabriel de Saint Glen] of Tractatus theologico-politicus, 12mo, fictitious publisher/printer (‘Jacob Smith’ for [Jan Rieuwertsz Sr]), holding the majority of Spinoza’s Adnotationes.
French. Explanatory footnotes, keyed with typographical symbols (italics), notes and references to Bible passages in external margins (italics). Larger portion of Preface and list of contents (partly) in italics.
X variants printed on smaller sheets than Y.
Identification feature for X.1: p. 22/22: ‘E-sprit’; 23/19: ‘Iob’.
- 1 printer’s mark (floral fruit vignette E) on title-page, woodcut, 22x28 mm;
- 22 plain initials (woodcuts);
- 19 other black initials (2 lines high) in list contents;
- 2 types of small mirrored floral ornaments between two single rules (15x45 mm), wide horizontal block, placed on p. 1 to introduce the text of the main work;
- long ornamented ‘line’ of floral motives (3x48 mm), on ‘Fol. 1.’ of the ‘Adnotationes’, appended to the text of the main work.